Peter Cooper Jr. on Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:44:48 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [auto] Triller submits p303

Triller has submitted a new Motion, p303:
> Change the effects field of the Talisman Chad to:
> {{
> Sacrifice: For any one Open Motion, select a Player
> who has Voted. Eir Vote is changed to and
> will remain ABSTAIN. [[ The selected Player can't
> change the ABSTAIN by recasting a ballot. ]]
> A Player may not use Chads more than once during
> any given Voting Period.
> }}

Since the cost includes sacrifice, it'd be impossible to use a Chad
more than one during a given Voting Period. You might want to make
that clearer. (Although, it just occurred to be that with our current
cost rules, the word "sacrifice" by itself might not have much of a
meaning. That's why I had the cost to use a Pen be "This Pen". We
might want to define the single word "sacrifice" somewhere, although
I'm fine with just using the word "this" in a cost.)

> [[ At present, luck, coincedence or design may each
> contribute to a Player having more than one Rare or
> Unique Talisman in eir possession. Preclude that. ]]
>
> In rule 7-2, insert after the second paragraph:
> {{
> If a Player takes possession of a Rare Talisman e
> already holds a copy of, both copies are destroyed,
> and the Player loses 50A. If a Player takes possession
> of an Unique Talisman when another copy exists, the
> second Unique Talisman is destroyed and the Player
> loses 100A.
> }}

You might want to handle the remote possibility of a player gaining
more than one unique talisman that were created simultaneously.

--
Peter C.