flutesultan on Fri, 5 Aug 2005 19:59:05 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Rule question.

I'll chime in, since I'm looking at it.

Down around the middle of rule 10-5 is the statement:

{{
The players continue to be In Combat after this happens,
and the above process is repeated at the beginning of each period.
}}

This implies once per period.
Add that to Peter's comments and I think you'll have it.

> eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > This is what I said in a recent post.
> >
> >>From rule 10-5
> >>"A player who is In Combat may not move in the House, use Talismans,
> >> perform any actions permitted solely by Room Ordinances, or Attack
other
> >> players."
> >>
> >> Of course  either the other is superflous, it just means you can't
attack
> >> people outside of combat, or you are able to attack yourself....
> >
> > Now can you attack someone as an action when in combat with them? The
> > rules seem unclear.
>
> I think it's that you're not allowed to attack players other than
yourself.
> The only real noun there that it could be "other" then is "a player".
> I think it matches the "Once per period, each player may Attack another
> player in the same room" at the beginning of the rule, specifically
> disallowing that action. However, it wouldn't prevent one from attacking
> oneself, if some other rule provided such a way for that to occur.
>
> But that's just what I see on a quick reading, and I haven't fully
> absorbed the House rules yet.
>
> --
> Peter C.

Triller