eugman on Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:18:26 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] MY problems with current props.

> Well, as long as everyone steadily gains amplitude we'll keep hitting the
> 1000A limit and being bumped to zero. More likely, though, is that the
> various Talismans and Superpowers proposed right now that require
> Amplitude will result in lots of spent amplitude, so that players will
> fluctuate in the vicinity of 900A, trying not to get too close to 1000 but
> also trying not to fall behind.
>
> Heh... You could even have a talisman that increases an opponent's
> amplitude... you'd use it to bump them down to zero if they got too close
> to 1000...
And you think that  overlord will change hands often? I hope the rules aren't so broken that it could be the case.

> My hope is that people will change classes to correct such imbalances. If
> there are many necromancers and few priests, then the non-necromancers
> have a strong incentive to become priests. Once there are many priests,
> there's no longer much incentive to become a Necromancer, so people will
> move to other classes. Likewise with the legal classes: The more Senators
> there are (and the fewer Lobbyists there are) the more powerful Lobbyists
> become. If lots of people become Lobbyists, though, then nobody wants to
> be a Senator, and then being a Lobbyist doesn't help much.
>
> I think having many classes will work as long as nobody expects to remain
> the same class for nyears at a time.
Ok while that is reasonable  and sensible the problem remains that the added classes don't seem to have any effect on  other classes.  They just seem to be combat related.  Now if  he were to do something innovative  like say have a human conjurer class that would put a check on golems(and could summon pets if that prop passes) and then maybe have 4 golem classes based on the elements that all interact with each other,  then I might be more favorable to it.

If DQT would be willing to make them golem classes turn into powers conditionally I'd be happy to write up something that covers specie based classes.