Daniel Peter Lepage on Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:52:10 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] MY problems with current props.

>> > P199
>> > Doesn't seem like the advatages of that rule will ever affect many
>> people.
>>
>> It wouldn't be an advantage if everybody had it.
> No I mean I think that  the bonuses won't be changing hands much.

Well, as long as everyone steadily gains amplitude we'll keep hitting the
1000A limit and being bumped to zero. More likely, though, is that the
various Talismans and Superpowers proposed right now that require
Amplitude will result in lots of spent amplitude, so that players will
fluctuate in the vicinity of 900A, trying not to get too close to 1000 but
also trying not to fall behind.

Heh... You could even have a talisman that increases an opponent's
amplitude... you'd use it to bump them down to zero if they got too close
to 1000...

>> Why don't you want more classes? Worst-case scenario is that everyone
>> picks a different species and class, in which case it's just as though
>> they were all superpowers.
>
> My concern is that there will be necromancers  and no priests to stop
> them, senators without lobbyists,  Lobbyists without senators. Of course I
> suppose there is little risk if not alot of people pick golem.

My hope is that people will change classes to correct such imbalances. If
there are many necromancers and few priests, then the non-necromancers
have a strong incentive to become priests. Once there are many priests,
there's no longer much incentive to become a Necromancer, so people will
move to other classes. Likewise with the legal classes: The more Senators
there are (and the fewer Lobbyists there are) the more powerful Lobbyists
become. If lots of people become Lobbyists, though, then nobody wants to
be a Senator, and then being a Lobbyist doesn't help much.

I think having many classes will work as long as nobody expects to remain
the same class for nyears at a time.

--
Wonko