eugman on Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:42:17 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] EugeneMeidinger amends p160

> > ---------------------------------
> > Proposal 160/1: Revamping entire sould infrastructure neatly.
>
> Somehow between revisions the world "soul" acquired a 'd'.
>
> > Create the following room:
> > {{ __Seance room__

> > cloth
> > draped over it and a crystal ball on top. There are two old wooden
> > chairs by the
> > table.
>
> For consistency, I feel that it should have a painting in it. Every
> other room so far does.

Didn't notice that. k.

> > Create the following talisman:
> > {{
> > __Soul Jar__
> >
> > Sacrifice: Gain an amount SP equal to the value of the soul bound to
> > this
> > talisman before it was bound.
> > }}
>
> Right now Soul Pennies aren't actually objects. It's just a way of
> measuring how valuable a Soul is. Rule 7-4 says that
> {{
> If the price of a Talisman type lists X SP for any number X, this is
> shorthand for "A Soul or group of Souls with combined value X SP or
> greater".
> }}

Yes I noticed that, however I spotted that talismans still have sp in cost so is there a missing rule or do you have have to bind souls with a sum value equal or greater to the cost?

> > Replace paragraph 3 of rule 7-1 with the following:
> > {{
> > Players may not take possession of Lost Souls while they do not
> > possess their
> > own soul
> > }}
> > Make all souls possessed by a player be in the state of found.
>
> I do think that if you successfully find your own Soul, and it's just
> sitting there being Lost, you should be able to pick it back up. Maybe
> if you lose it without dying it goes to the Gallery?

Well I do think if you lose your soul there should be some difficulty in retrieving it if a priest won't help. What about wandering souls? Any other ideas?

> > In rule 7-2 insert the following before the last sentence:
> > {{A talisman with a rarity of "Absurdly common" is forged at the end
> > of the day
> > the attempt is made if the player attempting to forge it can afford
> > the cost.}}
>
> 'day' should be 'nday'.

> > Remove the last 8 words from the 3rd bullet of rule 7-5.
>
> Oh, wow, I didn't even know that was in there. How long has that been
> there?

Ever since the beginning Apparently you ere suppose to hold a soul for a while and pwn it to make a profit or something like that.

> > Set the SP of all souls that are neither bound nor share a name with
> > an active
> > player to 100.
>
> I dislike doing this. I think it's more interesting if some free Souls
> are worth more than others. Recently Lost ones in particular I think
> should retain the value they had when their players quit. I may also
> propose to flat out set the values of some of the Lost Souls, based on
> how long the corresponding players played and how much they did.

That's fine but  many of the souls people have been holding have increased in value and noone has been tracking it so if you give me a list to set specific souls to let me know.