Rainbow Wolfe on Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:58:02 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: Webmaster's Poll

It probably could if there was a change to the page itself. I'd have to
subscribe to each individual rules page. The main rules page is coded, I
assume to parse information from elsewhere. I assume this is why I haven't
had any mails to say it's been updated. Think I may be unsubscribed now
though.

> If we were to have such a scripting language, it wouldn't have to be very
> complicated, would it? You'd have maybe four commands,
>
> #Create [a] Rule in <rulebook #>.<section #>
> <Rule>

> <Rule>

> <foo>
> #with
> <bar>
>
> Analogous things could perhaps be set up to do the same for entire
> sections or even entire rulebooks...

Or if a player is amending a rules section have the explicitly write the
whole new section out... although this wont always help if there are more
props in the same section, unless every player proposing afterwards includes
all possible variations. :S

The alternative would be to put the prop (as usual) and then put an full
updated version of that section below. You could then pick which is the
closest and work from there... although you would have to trust the players
to not change anything other that what their prop added.

- RW

On 6/21/05, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rainbow Wolfe <rainbowdreamwolf@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Not personally. Once is enough. Maybe mailing the rules when they have
> been
> > updated could be useful though.
>
> I believe the wiki can do this now, although since I'm the one who
> changes the rules, I haven't tried it. In your user preferences
> (<http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/UserPreferences>), try
> setting your Subscribed wiki pages to ^Rules or something.
>
> --
> Peter C.
> "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
> initiative in creating the Internet."
> -- Al Gore, March 9, 1999, On CNN's Late Edition

The wonderful thing about email is, you can spend hours crafting and finely
tuning your sarcasm and wit for that perfect retort, only to have it appear
completely and utterly ignored.