Raelus on Sun, 8 May 2005 22:19:22 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] CFI

Alex Truelsen wrote:

I submit the following CFI:

{{
== You can't have that, that's me! ==

Defendant: Raelus

Statement: Baron von Skippy is the Owner of the Soul of Mithrandir. Raelus' attempt to claim and Pwn all unclaimed Souls was aborted as soon as e attempted to claim the Soul of Mithrandir. Additionally, BvS does not possess the Soul of Teucer, nor did e make a Tiles play in the center-center Zone.

Analysis by Plaintiff:
The rules define a Player as "an Outsider who consents to be governed by the rules, fulfills all requirements for continued playerhood specified by the rules, and has become a player in a manner specified by the rules." At the time of Mithrandir's joining the Game, the rules did not ban a single Outsider from being two players simultaneously, hence the Outsider known as "Alex Truelsen" played as the players Baron von Skippy and Mithrandir simultaneously for a time. As Mithrandir and Baron von Skippy are thus both names applied to a single Outsider, and since that Outsider is currently a Player of B Nomic, the Soul of Mithrandir should have been put into the possession of the Player Baron von Skippy at the time of the creation of Rule 7-1. Since Raelus' atempted possession of Mithrandir's Soul thus failed, all subsequent actions made in the same message failed.

This would also mean that my claim of the Soul of Teucer was illegal, as I would have then been in possession of four Souls. Additionally, the Binding of Teucer's Soul and subsequent reclamation of that Soul were also illegal, the center-center Zone still says "AFOUL," and I have some different tiles right now.
}}

And now, for my next trick...

[[BvS]]

Statement by Defendant:
Although the Plantiff's first argument is true - Mithrandir's Soul should have been given to BvS. Therefore, I could not have pwned Mithrandir's Soul. However, I did successfully complete the other actions in the message. "Game Actions occur upon reaching the appropriate fora, in the order they arrived, unless a rule states otherwise." Since I could not manipulate Mithrandir's soul, I could not have taken actions pertaining to it in any case. However, no rule states that this invalidates my other actions. Therefore, my actions are valid, and take effect.