The Voice on Tue, 3 May 2005 22:58:52 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Comments on this nweek's proposals

On 5/3/05, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> p28 (Genechip change): This is being done by the current Tweak to the
> rules that hasn't been objected to yet, right?
>

> p42 (All-against passes): ABSTAIN isn't a vote at the moment. And I
> don't think this change is a great idea, but it could make things
> interesting, so I may vote for it anyway. But I'm not sure yet.

It'll be really fun, I promise. :-)  The idea is to encourage
cooperation and bargaining between players, as below.

> p43 (Tweaks immutable): Well, it's an interesting restriction, but not
> that hard to work around. (For instance, consider a prop that made a
> Tweak, and then executed the changes in it, and then deleted the Tweak
> it just make.) But it might not be a bad plan, just to discourage
> additional tinkering.

If someone has a better idea for how to word this in order to make
rule 0 more immutable, then let me know.

> p47 (4-letter min. acronyms): Yeah, I considered making a one-letter
> acronym. This is probably a good idea.

It could probably be even longer without being too difficult

> p48 (Filibusters): The "ballot" isn't currently defined. I think I'd
> prefer plain-old shelving, although I don't really think that's needed
> either.

Objections noted.  I like this better than classic shelving because it
(like my failure-passage proposal) requires players to work together
to get things done

> p49 (Veto power): Again, the "ballot" isn't defined. I think I'd word
> this as having the prop fail regardless of the voting or something. It
> seems like it'd just postpone things an nweek, which doesn't seem to
> me like it'd do much good.

Ditto.  See my revision.

> p50 (Political Parties): It's not really a "Generic definition", is
> it? I'm not completely clear on how the parties can enforce
> things. Can a party require its members to vote certain ways? What
> determines "directly influence the Gamestate"?

I'd just like to say that I'm in favor of these, and already know what
party I'm creating if it passes.

--
.o0(The Voice)