Daniel Lepage on Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:21:32 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: actiony goodness

On Feb 16, 2005, at 5.35 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Peter plays a card of DOOM!, but fails to choose three cards in
player's hands to be destroyed (there is no TRR in my hand). So the
Card of DOOM! eats eir hand instead (two Cards of DOOM! and a Greater
Booty). There are only three cards to eat there, so the DOOM! selects
two other cards at random, specifically SkArcher's RPS and bd's YSHMF.

Glotmorf and Personman each gain 15 points.

Hmm... Even if I didn't make legal choices, I would think that I would
still get the 15 points, based on my reading of the Card (although I
can see why one might disagree). I just wanted to check if the
oversight of me not getting points was intentional before submitting a
CFI.

I read the card as presenting two possibilities - your targets are destroyed and you get 15 points, or you fail to choose such cards and instead the Card eats five at random, starting with those in your hand.

--
Wonko

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
     -Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)