Daniel Lepage on Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:02:09 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Re: actiony goodness

On Feb 16, 2005, at 5.31 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

Jake Eakle <jseakle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Baord Game:
I create a Black Hole at I3. It is destroyed by my Black Hole at I4. The
Board is unchanged.

//GK// It looks to me like this falls under P-spec 7's "If two black holes
are adjacent and both are within two sqaures of an interdictor, the
one closer to the interdictor destroys the one further away.", meaning
that this original statement is correct. I don't quite follow the
arguments that came after this, so for now I'm updating the Public
Display per this original statement, and if someone wants to explain
to me again how it's wrong I'll be happy to change it.

The problem wasn't with this move, it was with eir previous move - when e placed the Black Hole at I4, it should have been destroyed immediately by the Interdictor, on the grounds that the Interdictor was in range of the Black Hole's consumption, but was also in range of its own field of protection.

So the creation of the Black Hole at I3 is fine; it just doesn't get consumed by the Black Hole at I4, because there is no Black Hole at I4.

--
Wonko

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
     -Mel Brooks (1926 - )