Daniel Lepage on Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:12:12 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] sentient pet rocks

On Dec 16, 2004, at 2.02 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:46:43AM -0800, Dan Schmidt wrote:
Then again perhaps having a nonsensient player is a
good thing.I think that this is the only nomic with a
player that can't pass the turning test and isn't
mentioned in the rules not to mention violating one of
them.

I have a bunch of sentient pet rocks who want to join the game.
They communicate telepathically through me. They can use my
working e-mail address and can pass the Turing test ( just ask me
the questions, and I'll pass on their responses.)

A turing test is designed to ascertain whether an entity is a conscious, self-aware, thinking being or not. Giving them the test through you proves nothing to us, and so they fail any turing test that you have ample chance to edit the results of.

Using my e-mail, 100,001,000 of them join the game, under the names
"rock1" through "rock100001000". They each receive a welcome
point automatically under r14, and rock1 through rock100000000
give 1 point each to Zarpint's Tax Shelter.

Currently, only players can win by getting more than 1,000
points, but entities can conduct research. Zarpint's Tax Shelter
conducts General Research 20 million times.

rock100000001 through rock100001000 each give me one point. I
win, and all points are destroyed.

I'm going to ignore this until somebody looks up the CFIs and precedents from Glotmorf's Imaginary Friends and the army of Bob's Clones, and gives me a good reason why it would be any more valid to do
*exactly* the same failed scam but replacing "clone" with "pet rock".

--
Wonko

"How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?"
	-Charles De Gaulle