Phil Ulrich on Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:09:27 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Phil submits p1967

It could say "at least one," for example in the case of theta, who's used two different email addresses since I've been in the game, but doesn't really close your rock hole, especially in the case of someone like, say, me, who technically has an infinite number of unique mail addresses (*@interalia.org goes to me).

Or, it could say "exactly one," but in that case we possibly have to kick theta out for not being a player if it passes. :P Stops the rocks, though.

Or the unique part could be removed altogether, leaving it to just say "It has a working e-mail address not already in use by an existing player." This means the rocks couldn't play, because they share the same email address as you. Again, though, that wouldn't stop anyone like me, but that's a technicality.

I'd also like to find some way to refine the bit about the Turing Test, but I can't really think of a way to do it.

--Phil
"Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarreled with him?" - Blaise Pascal