Bryan Donlan on Sat, 4 Dec 2004 11:14:08 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] ?Rodney submits p1954

On Sat,  4 Dec 2004 17:05:07 +0000 (GMT), automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ?Rodney has submitted a new proposal, p1954.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Proposal 1954/0: Enforcement of the uninforceable
> A New Rule by ?Rodney
> Last modified on nweek 74, nday 1
>
> Players have an attribute called Merit.A player starts with 10 merit.
> At the end of the Nweek all players gain one Merit.
>
> If a player delibretly attempts to break a rule then e loses 1
> Permenent Honor and Merit equal to the Chutzpah of the rule e
> attempted to break.

This is unenforcable. We cannot distinguish reliably behind an
accidental rulebreaking and intentional. Moreover, this discourages
scams, which are part of the fun of nomic :)

> There exists a Game Object known as Jail.If a player has less than 0
> merit then e goes to Jail.Players in Jail cannot take Game Actions.
> If a player in jail has 0 or more Merit then e ceases to be in Jail

And how would e gain Merit in Jail?

> [[
> The point of this is to enforce rules such as Rule 636/1
> ]]

We don't 'enforce' rules. If a player ignores a rule, eir actions have
no effect. Simple as that.

--
bd