Daniel Lepage on Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:07:31 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Work is sucking the lifeforce from me--I mean, more than usual

On Nov 1, 2004, at 2.29 AM, Daniel Lepage wrote:

I rule TRUE on the cfi. While it is true that there are many many
examples of card games where cards which are laid down don't leave the
player's possession, or even in some cases the player's hand, there's
still one thing they have in common--it's awfully hard to lay cards
down which have already been laid down without picking them back up
again. Common usage is a necessary evil, and it's certainly applicable
in this case. As picking the Cards up is not otherwise allowed for by
the Rules, and the act of picking the Cards up would modify the game
state, I'm going to have to rule that it can't be done.

For reasons I've explained in a series of earlier posts, I Recall Shenanigans on this CFI.

CFI reminders:

"CFJ on Wonko" was appealed and hasn't been judged yet. The Appellate judges are Personman and The Pusher Robot; you have 2 ndays left to rule on this.

"All is Not Made Right" was also appealed; the appellate judges are again Personman and The Pusher Robot. You have 4 ndays to rule on this.

This is the one whose statement reads:
Statement:
The following attempts to change the gamestate by Wonko were not legal.