Iain Scott on Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:54:22 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] PlayerIain submits p1917/0

At 19:33 15/10/04, you wrote:

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 08:38:37AM -0500, wonko@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Amend Rule 1639/5 [[Political Go]] Section C to add
> "4. Mining.
> 5. Theft."
> to the list of types of move.
> [[I should have notcied this when 1854 was proposed (in fact I think I did,
> but then I forgot about it...), but given the other two technologies
> specifically mention they dont take up a P-Go move, these two _should_.]]

No, they weren't intended to take up a move. The reason those two
technologies don't specifically mention that is that there's no
ambiguity there, whereas playing a stone and forming an alliance are
listed in the pGO rule as taking a move.

hmm... I think they are probabally too powerfull (especially in the hands of only one player, which is effectivly what is happening at the moment) not to take up a move...

cheers,
Iain