Daniel Lepage on Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:09:22 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Ministry Reforms

On Oct 15, 2004, at 5.41 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

What do people think of reforming the current Ministry system so that

* the current Admin is replaced by two separate ministers for
recognizing and numbering things and maintaining the Ruleset,

Do you mean that one Minister would recognize things while another maintained the ruleset? At the moment, recognizing and numbering is in general the job of whoever tracks what's being recognized, so the Chairman recognizes and numbers proposals, the Attorney Generalist recognizes and numbers CFIs, etc.

At the moment the role of 'Admin' has three primary parts:
1) I track the ruleset.
2) I maintain the website.
3) I do everything that nobody else is responsible for, including recognizing new players, doing the duties of Open Ministries, and recognizing anything that so far has no Ministry.

So I'm a GM, a webmaster, and a little nervous guy with a towel running around cleaning things up and writing things down all at once.

These three duties would be a better division of the Adminship, I think - the Minister of Rules (the GM), the Minister of Access (the Webmaster) and the Minister of Odds and Ends (the Little Nervous Guy).

* we consolidate Vines, FCC, Quotes, and Tildex into one (maybe two)
Ministries,

The way things are going, I suspect Tildex is going to become a fairly busy ministry soon. But Quotes is definitely paying me more than I deserve for my Quotes work... Somebody quote somebody!

* and we automatically call an election for any Ministry that's been
occupied by the same Player for more than X nweeks?

I agree. It would also be cool to let current Ministers call elections for their ministries without leaving them, so that if somebody wants to quit a Ministry they can call an election instead of leaving it Open for an nweek.

--
Wonko

"What is improbable is extremely probable."
   - Aristotle