Daniel Peter Lepage on Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:06:28 -0500 (CDT)

Re: Re: Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [s-d]Roster Stuff

Glotmorf wrote:

> > I thought I lost that suit... the "Stock Scam" was when I bought a
> > billion shares of somebody's stock (Mithrandir, I think) for free
> > because e had no points and then sold them back at two BNS apiece
> > after giving em 11 points.
>
> Fairly sure you kept em.  Surrendered them shortly thereafter,
> I think, but that's another matter.  I think there was a
> revamping proposal that destroyed all existing BNS.

Ah, you're right. But I don't think that was quite the same issue. In that case, I had a billion Stocks, and the definition of a Stock changed; the question was whether or not my Stocks vanished, or simply changed to be the new Stocks. But that worked because Stocks were still defined in the rules, they just weren't defined in at all the same way as they'd been when I'd bought them. In the case of Team Crimson, it doesn't exist under the rules at all.

Also, I don't think we had the current version of r13 back then, so we didn't have a good definition of a "Game Object".

--
Wonko