Craig on Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:38:52 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] Re: Proto-Prop

>> >[[This is what's currently on the Wiki. It's based on Teucer's ruleset
>> >with minor tidying. As Teucer said, it keeps the essentials of the game
>> >without tying it to B Nomic. Note the addition to the precedence rule.]]
>>
>> I'm still not clear on what you feel the key differences are, exactly.
>>
>> I see no problem with your ruleset, I'm just curious as to what you
disagree
>> with about mine.

>The only real problem I saw with yours was that there was no Minister to
>track the gamestate. I wanted a Minister to be responsible for
>maintaining the Ruleset and everything else that needed to be publicly
>displayed, and I didn't see how that worked in yours. I got rid of the

You have to get out of the B Nomic mindset that requires someone to
Recognize everything. The more responsibility a player has, the more likely
burnout becomes, so unnecessary duties are a Bad Thing. We can all see from
the proposals what rule changes have been enacted; if the ruleset is
Wikified it should be easy to update as proposals are passed. ("Gondor has
no Admin. Gondor needs no Admin.")

I don't mind adding market functionality later, though.

 - Teucer

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx