Glotmorf on Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:26:50 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] Re: Proto-Prop

--- Craig <ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You have to get out of the B Nomic mindset that
> requires someone to
> Recognize everything. The more responsibility a
> player has, the more likely
> burnout becomes, so unnecessary duties are a Bad
> Thing. We can all see from
> the proposals what rule changes have been enacted;
> if the ruleset is
> Wikified it should be easy to update as proposals
> are passed. ("Gondor has
> no Admin. Gondor needs no Admin.")

The reason a person is necessary to track game events
is because we don't have an automated system to do so.
 But some system should exist that keeps track of game
events as they happen.  I would say the listserv acts
as this, except it appears that if someone's system
clock is sufficiently off it throws off the order of
messages; there are quite a few instances in my
archives of replies to messages coming before the
messages themselves.

Plus, some events aren't generated by players;
therefore whatever does generate them needs to report
how they intertwine with the player-related ones.  An
automatic, rule-mandated event may prevent a player
action, and a player action may prevent an automatic
event (or if it doesn't there should be a record that
it occurred so that the gamestate can be revised).

I'm cool with this form of "recognition" being added
to the Metasystem.  Perhaps there can be something
that automatically reads spoon-business and adds the
actions performed there to a log.  Which would make
spamming spoon-business a particularly heinous crime,
ass-kick-worthy at the very least.

-- Glotmorf