Daniel Peter Lepage on Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:15:17 -0500 (CDT)

Re: Re: [spoon-discuss] Rules

> I understand your point. Two options that come to mind are:
>
> - starting with the version of Suber's ruleset modified for computer
>   play
>
>   and
>
> - starting with the one rule "Players may change the gamestate if a
>   majority agrees to." I guess we'd also need a list of initial players.

I think that's a little too bare-bones. I'd like to see something that keeps some of the definitions we've put together, things like what an Object is and the standard Poll definitions, but has very little besides that. I'd also like to see something different in how we play the game - for example, why not use proposals that get voted on four days after they're issued, instead of lumping all props together each Ballot?

I'm thinking it shouldn't be much larger than Dave's original rules for B Nomic... maybe, define objects, documents, players, rules, and proposals; then describe how we can submit props and vote on them, and leave it at that?

--
Wonko