Jody Ricker on Fri, 9 Jul 2004 22:50:06 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [Spoon-business] Re: [spoon-discuss] Alone in the Universe

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 11:30, SkArcher wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:37:54 -0400 (EDT), Daniel Peter Lepage
> <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > If anyone hasn't declared a SOE yet, now would probably be a good time
> > to do so, as the game is frozen until we do.

If the game is in a frozen state, does that mean my declaration does not
succeed without official recognition or does simply stating my
intentions make me able to join?

> I fail to remember if I am, but If i'm not, then I do

If my join declaration succeeds, then I shall as well.

> I also state, for the record, that I'm more in favour of Ending the game
> and restarting than complex and unwieldy kludges. Sometimes you have to
> start from the basics.

I have to agree there. While I'm not completely up to speed with the
state of B Nomic, I understand that when play drags to a halt, its best
to just restart it again.

I wanted to join a regular nomic game again after teaching the game to
my students. I haven't played for many years but used to be active in
Imperial Nomic and as well as playing Ackanomic for a couple of years.
Anything I can do in an administrative or player capacity, please let me
know what I should do.

-- theta