Glotmorf on Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:51:46 -0500 (CDT)

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] another CFI, "-2"

On 1 Jul 2004 at 9:34, Araltaln wrote:

> {{
> __-2__ [[there's also, as far as I know, no way for me to amend my
> previous CFI to give it a title. This certainly isn't an identifcation
> number, either, it's a title.]]
>
> Statement: The Administrator is not the only entity that can recognize
> actions of Players.
>
> Analysis: "Actions, regardless of clock state, occur upon posting to a
> Public Forum." (Rule 17/5) Therefore, merely recognizing an action has
> no real effect on the game state, and Rule 393 has no bearing on this.
> In fact, the recognizing of Players' actions is neither regulated nor
> prohibited anywhere in the Rules; all statements regarding such
> recognizions are permissive. Therefore, rule 18/3 applies, and the
> recognizing of a Player's action is permitted and unregulated. }}

Tsk.  We just had a relatively recent CFI that said
recognition and the need for same is defined by precedent.
Granted that's not explicit, but the justification for that
CFI cited the instances in the rules where recognition was
defined.  That, taken together with the default case,
regulates recognition.

So, les'n you want to bribe a judge (which *ahem* there's game
precedent for...), this ain't gonna fly.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt