Daniel Lepage on Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:39:35 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Presence, and C Nomic

On Jun 17, 2004, at 10.40 PM, SkArcher wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:15:54 -0700 (PDT), Glotmorf <nomicmorf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<SNIP> glotmorf's comments, to which I agree

Incidentally, with regard to Wonko's ctrl-w prop: I would prefer that r155 remained in the Rules. r214 is likewise debateable. 216 is a standard special case rule; I suggest it be kept.

r155 can be gotten around with a little bit of work; the only thing that makes it at all powerful is that fact that Dave can judge any workaround illegal. If we're doing away with Dave, this rule has no power.

r214 technically has no power anyway - Dave can choose to take the Clock of the website at any time, regardless of what the rules say. Also, it's often not followed: the clock turns off all the time without the website changing to reflect that.

I included doing away with r216 because I can't recall the last time somebody used that, and it seems to be an obvious enough way of using the delimiters that I don't think we need to explicitly state it.

I note that r255 and r257 overlap somewhat, and their function could be merged.

I agree.

r407 is a useful "catch-all" definition which can be applied to multiple subgames; I suggest keeping it

I added it because it's on the list of "Grid" rules we don't need anymore, but I can take it off the list if you think we'll ever use it.

I would, to be frank, get rid of r437

Oops. Thought I included that.

Though I must admit that most of my favorite proposals thus far have been prose props; it would be a shame to see them go.

I would prefer to finally see the back of r578 and r625 - the latter of which will need an extensive rewrite anyhow

I hope to extensively rewrite 578 soon; Ministries are useful enough that I don't think we should repeal them (though some time this weekend I will try to add a clause in my prop to remove the unneeded Ministries)

I would keep Mentorship

Ok.

Revised prop will be published tonight.

--
Wonko

Estimated amount of glucose used by an adult human brain each day, expressed in M&Ms: 250
     -Harper's Index, October 1989