Phil Ulrich on Fri, 28 May 2004 01:27:49 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Straw Poll on the Government Turnover

{{
How should the game be managed?

1. Open Source Government: any player may perform any task needed, with
incentives for performing them, and mechanisms to make sure all needed tasks
get performed.

2. Ministries: All players have several small ministries, to change frequently. They could rotate automatically, or we could have elections. We would have mechanisms to make sure all ministries are functioning properly and incentives
for players to take ministries and do the needed tasks.
}}

My vote is for #2, which really seems to incorporate #1 within itself, except instead of any player being able to perform any task needed, all players would eventually get to perform all tasks on a sort of round-robin rotation basis. Someone else mentioned this being like a "sign-up sheet," and in reality it is - it's the equivalent of a sheet on a fridge somewhere with a list of duties and who gets to do them during each nweek. It's just dignified with the title of "ministries," which I quite like as of now. :)

--Phil
"Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarreled with him?" - Blaise Pascal