Aquarion on Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:59:11 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

Daniel Lepage wrote:

On Apr 11, 2004, at 2:23 PM, The Voice wrote:

Daniel Lepage wrote:

On a completely unrelated note, is it possible to disable the addition of "[spoon-discuss]" to the subject of every message?

Umm... leave the [spoon-discuss]... it makes it easier to filter.

There are a number of other things you can filter by; I dislike the subject tag because I can't see most of the subject line - unless I make the thing really, really wide I only see "Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: Thoug...", which doesn't help distinguish things. For replies to s-b posts, all I see is "[spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-b...", which doesn't help at all.

As Joel is waiting for a consensus, I hereby call for a Straw Poll. Please vote YES, NO, or HIPPOPATAMUS on the statement:

The addition of "[spoon-discuss]" or "[spoon-business]" to the subject of emails sent to the B Nomic lists is irritating and should be disabled.

I vote YES.

I vote "No" with the rider that possibly "[bN-B]" and "[bN-D]" might be better