Craig on Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:51:40 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

>We need Holidays as well, outside of the main nweek calendar. They should
>be Full of Stars, of course.

>For instance, a fifth of a year is 73 days. That's five of these nweeks
>(which should now be called nfortnights?) plus three days left over for
>Holidays, when we can party and drink more than usual.

If the nweeks take on the designations of Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and
Tango, we can eliminate seasons and make the nyear last five nweeks.
Holidays could be New Nyear's Day (before the first of each year),
Independence Day (whenever that is again) and Peter Suber's Birthday (the
date of which will depend on when we implement this calendar).

And I'm still thinking we keep "nweek" - after all, the old ten-day things
had that name.

 - Teucer

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx