Craig on Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:22:31 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

>That plan would be good, but to work it needs a longer first period
>and a fixed calendar, or we'll lose track of when we can submit.
>The web page clock is often inaccurate - it would be good to know
>precisely when the period ends. And midnight Eastern would be a lot
>easier than Zulu for days to end at, since we wouldn't have to keep
>track of daylight savings time going on and off, and I wouldn't have
>to look up how far off England is every time.

What if we used a six-day first checkpoint and two four-day ones after? That
gets us back to my proposal of synchronizing the voting period with
alternate weekends; maybe voting could always be friday through monday. In
other words:

Tuesday through Sunday: First Checkpoint, full of Proposals.
Monday through Thursday: Second Checkpoint, full of Debate.
Friday through Monday: Third Checkpoint, full of Votes.

 - Teucer

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx