Baron von Skippy on 29 Dec 2003 05:40:49 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Junk

>> >Yes, of course I am off of my bloody rocker. What kind of Nomic player
>> >would be ON eir bloody rocker?
>>
>> -Someone who doesn't mind red stains on the winged seat of their pants.-
>
>Hmmm...that would depend on whether the stains were my blood..

-You know, there's no good way for me to interpret that.-

>> >And congratulations--that's the best name for an 11-dim cube I've heard of.
>>
>> -You're too kind, sir.-
>
>Well, realize that I've actually only heard two: yours and the uninspired
>"11-dim cube".

-You know, I was really okay before the caveat. Just so you know.-

>> >But if you really want a simple way to put it on a web page, just use two
>> >32x32 grids, with red lines every two, blue ones every four, green every eight,
>> >and purple halfway down the middle. No one said it's easy to visualize, but
>> >I think that's the best way of presenting the data in a human-readable form.
>>
>> -Well, that divides it into a pretty grid, yes, but I don't see how it represents anything.-
>
>Ok-consider this simpler problem: Put a 2x2x2x2x2 grid on a web page.
>
>. . | . .     . . | . .
>. . | . .     . . | . .
>- -   - -     - -   - -
>. . | . .     . . | . .
>. . | . .     . . | . .
>
>Crossing a horizontal line, but staying in the same position otherwise,
>is changing coord 3. Crossing a vertical one is coord 4, and switching grids
>in coord 5.
>Or in other words, "2-space is a hotel with floors and rooms, 3-space is a
>street of hotels, 4-space is a city of streets, and 5-space is a string of
>cities."
>
>The additional colored lines are just extending this: you can switch green
>lines (but keep everything else the same) for one coordinate, etc.
>That is, each additional coordinate represents which side you're on of one
>particular color.

-Okay, I'm following you now. Gawds, but that would be hard to examine to look for other people's potential moves. Points across the board from each other could actually be adjacent. And every point is diagonally adjacent to every other (except for the 11 that they're horizontally adjacent to), but for every point there is one point across the whateverhedron that it would take 11 moves to get to... heh, and it figures that I /would/ find that preferable to trying the byte-and-a-half method of recording position.-

[[BvS]]