Zarpint Jeremy Cook on 29 Dec 2003 05:13:38 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Junk

Sorry, but my three-dimensional brain is not seeing this. Questions:

Aren't you just depicting some of the boards rotated? It's not the
topology that your twisting changes, but the way you represent the boards
on the paper. Isn't this just really a normal 4x4x4 cube?

Then you're adding more lines connecting the points, really. I can't
visualize this at all. How many neighbors does each point have?
And how is this hyper-anything? It's 64 points in a 3-D grid.

I also question "four in a row with three moves."
Say we have a 3x3 torus (2-D). If I play at (0,0), (0,1) and (0,2) does
this really count as "aleph-null in a row"? It's the same issue here...
I am tempted to say each point of "n points in a row" has to have a different
coordinate set than the others, or they're not n points.

Zarpint

--
Zarpint            "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
Jeremy Cook         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."