Baron von Skippy on 29 Dec 2003 05:48:15 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Junk

>I tried this once with a 4x4 game, except I made it hyper-
>toroidal...
>
>. . . . | . . . .
>. . . . | . . . .
>. . . . | . . . .
>. . . . | . . . .
>_ _ _ _   _ _ _ _
>. . . . | . . . .
>. . . . | . . . .
>. . . . | . . . .
>. . . . | . . . .
>
>The idea is that the boards are rotationally above one
>another, with wraparound.  The upper left corner of the upper
>left board is above the upper right corner of the upper right
>board, which is above the lower right corner of the lower
>right board, which is above the lower left corner of the lower
>left board...which is above the upper left corner of the upper
>left board.

-I'm not following what exactly you're doing here. I'm envisioning something like one of the post-it cubes that's been twisted around a couple times. Is that anywhere near what you mean? Probably not. If it's too hard to describe, I know a couple of math majors who do things like this for fun - is there a phrase I could give them to get more information than I'd ever want?-

>Then I got carried away.  Imagine that the above board is
>intersected through its axes by two identical and
>perpendicular boards...that there exists an X plane, a Y plane
>and a Z plane.  This makes for a 4x4 board in three toruses at
>the same time, rotating through a different axis.
>
>Problem: Rotate through enough axes, and it's possible to make
>four-in-a-row in three moves...

-I'd call that a feature, not a problem. A skilled player could do all kinds of crazy things by manipulating the axes. Of course, that means playing defensively is next to impossible. /That's/ a bug.-

[[BvS]]