Zarpint Jeremy Cook on 29 Dec 2003 04:00:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Junk

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> >Yes, of course I am off of my bloody rocker. What kind of Nomic player
> >would be ON eir bloody rocker?
>
> -Someone who doesn't mind red stains on the winged seat of their pants.-

Hmmm...that would depend on whether the stains were my blood..

> >And congratulations--that's the best name for an 11-dim cube I've heard of.
>
> -You're too kind, sir.-

Well, realize that I've actually only heard two: yours and the uninspired
"11-dim cube".

> >But if you really want a simple way to put it on a web page, just use two
> >32x32 grids, with red lines every two, blue ones every four, green every eight,
> >and purple halfway down the middle. No one said it's easy to visualize, but
> >I think that's the best way of presenting the data in a human-readable form.
>
> -Well, that divides it into a pretty grid, yes, but I don't see how it represents anything.-

Ok-consider this simpler problem: Put a 2x2x2x2x2 grid on a web page.

. . | . .     . . | . .
. . | . .     . . | . .
- -   - -     - -   - -
. . | . .     . . | . .
. . | . .     . . | . .

Crossing a horizontal line, but staying in the same position otherwise,
is changing coord 3. Crossing a vertical one is coord 4, and switching grids
in coord 5.
Or in other words, "2-space is a hotel with floors and rooms, 3-space is a
street of hotels, 4-space is a city of streets, and 5-space is a string of
cities."

The additional colored lines are just extending this: you can switch green
lines (but keep everything else the same) for one coordinate, etc.
That is, each additional coordinate represents which side you're on of one
particular color.

--
Zarpint            "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
Jeremy Cook         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."