Mark Karasek on 10 Dec 2003 06:41:26 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] SkArchers Insurance

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 19:41:48 -0000, SkArcher <SkArcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That was the intention. As soon as a move can lead to a Win, all my points go to the insurance society. I just don't fancy losing 179 points because you old fogeys have been playing for 2 years.

No, as soon as a move can lead to a Win (define "can lead to a Win", by the way; me gaining a point can lead to a win in the long run) the society requires you to transfer your points, which is not the same as you actually transfering them. Societies can define Auto Actions for themselves (which are dangerously close to automation scripts, but I digress), but not for players. They may define restrictions on players and may require players to perform actions; doing so does not, however, cause the action to be performed. Therefore, if someone were about to win, you would be required to transfer all your points to the society, and when you failed to do so the society would punish you in the manner described in its charter (that is, it wouldn't). Also, if someone other than yourself became a member, they would be forced to leave but would suffer no consequences for not doing so.

--The Pusher Robot