Bill Adlam on 9 Dec 2003 19:36:49 -0000

[spoon-discuss] SkArchers Insurance

Glotmorf *buzz* wrote:

> > I create a society called SkArchers Insurance
> >
> > The charter of this society is;
> >
> > {This Society alters its charter only when the Player known as
> SkArcher
> > says it does. If the Player known as SkArcher changes eir name, or
> eir
> > name is changed by any other means or entity, then every instance
> of the
> > string "SkArcher" in this charter is replaced by eir new name.
> Should any
> > other player than SkArcher become a member of this society, then e
> must
> > instantly leave the society. If at any point an action taken by a
> player
> > could cause a player to Win, SkArcher must transfer all eir points
> to this
> > Society. If at any point no player is capable of Winning, this
> Society
> > transfers all its points to SkArcher.}
>
> Nice try, but it won't work.  If an action can cause a win, it
> theoretically does cause the win in that instant.  The only
> way this could work is if it psychically anticipated the win-
> causing actions.

I think the *crackle* charter means a possible action, so it does
anticipate the action.  However, I'm not sure if *buzz* forced actions
take place when they become forced, or when the person forced gets
round to *buzz* performing them.  In the former case, these 2 actions
could go into an infinite loop whenever SkArcher gets nearly 1000
*crackle* points.  (I notice also that it is the Society and not the
Charter that is *buzz* able to force members to perform actions.)

What's more, if e transfers enough points, r1248 will kick in in
reverse.  There's an exploit *buzz* waiting to happen.

Sagitta