Bill Adlam on 25 Nov 2003 00:57:08 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: spoon-discuss Digest, Vol 5, Issue 17

> > E Possession
> > No Game Object may possess a Player or Society.  When an Action of
> > Player or Society creates a game object other than a Player or
> Society,
> > the Object's creator possesses it.  This subsection defers to all
> other
> > rules that determine the possession of Objects.
>
> I disagree with this section - I see no reason why players shouldn't
> be
> able to possess each other (if you've read any of the records from
> before the repeal of the Grid, players could become Toads, which
> allowed other players to pick them up and carry them around; the
> Toads
> were said to be in the possession of the player carrying them).

I could have left out the first sentence in that subsection, since it
has no effect (besides misleading you, me and possibly others).  The
second sentence states the exception, and the subsection defers to
other rules anyway.

I have a couple of questions for anyone who feels like answering them:

Have Rules 1229 and 1534 been deactivated for 3 consecutive nweeks?

Is a section of a rule (as discussed in rule 33) the same as a
subsection?
Actually I think I know the answer to that one...

Sagitta