Daniel Lepage on 25 Nov 2003 02:09:58 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: spoon-discuss Digest, Vol 5, Issue 17

On Monday, November 24, 2003, at 07:57 PM, Bill Adlam wrote:

I have a couple of questions for anyone who feels like answering them:

Have Rules 1229 and 1534 been deactivated for 3 consecutive nweeks?

1229 and 1534 have been deactivated since p1573, in nweek 44. In fact, p1573 originally called for the repeal of both, but by popular demand they were Deactivated instead; I guess now it's the same thing.

It's kind of irritating how hard it's becoming to track the game... There was a time when I knew every rule, what it did, and for the most part, its exact wording wherever that was important; now I don't even remember what's been repealed or not.

Is a section of a rule (as discussed in rule 33) the same as a
subsection?

No. The use of 'section' in rule 33 predates the definition of a 'subsection' of the rules; r33 was later modified to deal with subsections as well precisely because somebody raised that argument.

--
Wonko