Glotmorf on 26 Sep 2003 03:06:36 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Tunnelers Change

On 25 Sep 2003 at 15:07, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> >> Oops. I guess I'm sending out another message before doing all my
> >> work.
> >>
> >> I suggest that in the rules to Tunnelers, in the description of
> >> what happens when a mole kills another, it is added that "The
> >> killing Mole may choose any of eir max stats and increase it by
> >> one."
> >>
> >> Sort of as an incentive to go out and do things rather than hiding
> >> in a corner discarding cards, praying for a foursome.
> >
> >Biggest problem I have with this is that there's some "rich get
> >richer" to it.  The victor already has an advantage in that e has
> >more time than the victim; the victim has to claw eir way back from
> >whatever godfersaken corner I stick em in.  That's time in which the
> >victor can collect cards and beef emself up.  And while I'm not going
> >to comment on the observed strategies of players in the game, I will
> >say that the fact that we've actually had a killing indicates it's
> >not all hiding in a corner.
> >
> >Anyone wanna pick a side here?
> >
> -I'm gonna side with Wonko. Of course the rich should get richer. It's
> like gaining experience in one of them big online RPGs. You get a few
> kills, you get better. So the incentive is to play smart and win, not
> to sit on your ass in a corner. What if the rewards for taking down an
> enemy grew as the number of kills they'd scored grew? That way there's
> incentive to band with other weak moles to take down the Goliath
> that's causing everyone problems.-

Okay...but I'm inclined to suggest that it, yes, be an increase to a max stat, but card
play (as in, however many two-card plays) is needed to bring the actual stat up to
that level, especially in the case of health.  Otherwise, the aforementioned Goliath
will just become more invulnerable in the heat of battle, so ganging up on it wouldn't
work.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower