Craig on 19 Jul 2003 21:18:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Also...

>>You don't grasp the analogy. You don't write a new rule on your arm, you
>>write a failure clause on your arm. Your arm does not have the force of a
>>rule, but neither does a failed proposal. Neither failure clause takes
>>effect.

>See my most recent e-mail.  A failure clause is legal, but only when it is
part of an otherwise legal proposal.

You still don't get it. The rules refer to effects relating to failure, but
they don't say that the effects have to be in the proposal itself. The rules
never distinguish, anywhere, between a failure clause on my desk and a
failure clause in a proposal. Either both are legal, or neither is.

 -- Teucer

"I hope I can live up to having a seat next to you in hell."
 -John Cowan

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx