Craig on 19 Jul 2003 20:51:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] "effects related to proposal failure"

>>By that logic, so is Wonko's win for having posted a sentence declaring
>>victory when a proposal fails.

>I don't remember whether that scam was in an actual proposal.  If it was
part of a real proposal, then yes, it is legal.

You don't get it. The clause activates when a proposal fails. Or passes. It
doesn't matter whether it was in a failed proposal, as long as it is
activated by a failed proposal.

>>Or my win for having a piece of paper on my
>>desk reading 'Whenever a proposal passes or fails, the rule "No Win For
You"
>>is deleted if it exists, and then I win.'

>Nope.  That wasn't in a proposal.  It's only legal if it's a clause in a
proposal.  Writing it on your arm or on your desk is not a failure
>clause in a proposal.

Because it was an effect specifically related to failure, it is exactly the
same as any other such effect that isn't in the rules or anything with any
in-game force. Neither a failed proposal nor a random post nor a piece of
paper on my desk has any force within the game, so it doesn't matter where
it is written. It is both a) specifically related to proposal failure and b)
completely without force.

So far, Anything, You're the only person I've seen claiming that it matters
that the clause is in a failed proposal. That's just the vehicle for the
failure clause, just as effective as the paper on my desk or Wonko's
message.

 -- Teucer

"btw, did I mention i'm a sentient AI?"
 -carbon