Craig on 17 Jul 2003 03:29:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Where do we go from here?

>>I thought the Dreadlords could channel?
>>
>>::checks glossary:: If Dreadlords can't channel, it's news to Jordan.
>-Oh. Well, then should they go above or below Black Ajah? Probably above,
I'd think. Dreadlords are commanders of the Dark One's armies, and
>the Black Ajah are small potatoes.-

I agree.

The Black Ajah seem to be even lower ranking militarily than the Myrdraal.

>-I was clarifying. There isn't really a sixth level, especially with the
current (and in need of replacing) formula for mana regeneration,
>which would mean that a sixth-level channeler gets 1/(6-6)*their mana back
each nweek.-

Hey, what if we did away with this silly idea of naming each rank and just
say someone's a "first level Aes Sedai" or a "fifth level Asha'man"?

Or just make everyone equal like in my c-p-p </plug>

>>really
>>you
>>>>
>>>-What if instead of this, we simply had there be a Black Ajah? (They
aren't
>>mutually exclusive ideas, but it's easier not to have two types
>>>of Black Ajah, so it would be easier to pick one or the other.) People
>>could be Black Ajah and they would report to the Minister of the
>>>Black Ajah (Alviarin?) for some of their channeling actions and to the
>>appropriate other Minister for others, and would have a second pool
>>>of mana for evil purposes, tracked by the Black Ajah minister (with
regular
>>reports to Dave to make sure everything is in order; don't want
>>>them to be /too/ evil, now), whose identity would also be secret.
>>
>>Hm, that might be fun. Of course, there would have to be some
corresponding
>>evil group among the Asha'man. Also, you shouldnn't be able to join the
>>Black Ajah until you are full Aes Sedai.
>-I'd say Black Ajah would just be a blanket term for all of them,
regardless of gender.-

Probably. In the books, it is really more like a slang term than anything
technical.

>>We could also have a player or two be declared to be a Forsaken in
disguise,
>>reporting to the Minister of the Black Ajah and having powers vastly
>>superior to those they seem to everyone else to have.
>>
>>Oh, and maybe the Forsaken get to know who is Black Ajah. Or maybe not.
>>
>>And the power can only be used as a weapon if you are certain the victim
is
>>Black Ajah or Forsaken.

>-Of course, that makes this a lot more complicated and more people will
vote no on it... I'd say develop this idea and try to add it in
>later.-

Yeah, true.

Which highlights the difficulty of cleanly adding WoT to B Nomic.

>>>Of course, knowing this game, we'd end up with a secret society
consisting
>>of everyone. Newbies beware.-
>>
>>I was about to mention that.
>>
>>But you simply have to limit who can join.
>>
>-True. But enforcing that means telling people how many Black Ajah there
are out there.-

No, it means saying that the Minister of the Black Ajah gets to set a secret
limit and tells applicants when it has been reached.

The books never really say how you be come a Darkfriend. Is it an
application, or do they proselytise?

 -- Teucer

"Paginate my subjective reality, baby!"
 -Taliesin