Baron von Skippy on 15 Jul 2003 21:51:01 -0000

RE: [Spoon-business] RE: RE: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Aes Sedai

>>>Since the difference between laws and rules is solely in who makes them
>and
>>>what the penalties are for breaking them, I think we can get away with
>this
>>>solution:
>>>
>>>I propose:
>>>{{
>>>For the purposes of B Nomic, those rules collectively known as the United
>>>States Code are repealed.
>>>}}
>>>
>>-Code of what? And can we kill the Patriot Act while we're at it?-
>
>The US Code is a single document of incredible length that contains all of
>our law (except for the constitution and the equally-important
>precedent-setting court cases). Various pieces of legislation amend it. It
>is, in essence, the ruleset of the United States. By repealing the US Code,
>we lose *all* of American law, including both copyrights and the Patriot
>Act.

-Ah... I was wondering how education (Title 9), bankruptcy (11), and copyright (17) were all being clumped... well, why stop at ignoring US law? Why not declare B Nomic a sovereign nation? Or would the Marines come in, take Dave prisoner, and set up a democracy if we did that?-

[[BvS]]