Craig on 14 Jul 2003 02:04:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Where do we go from here?

>>>everyone gets a certain number of mana points (or some like term) in each
>>of the five variants of the
>>
>>The use of the term mana gives me an idea... What if we have two types of
>>people who posess mana? The Nobility, or some such, have a large quantity
of
>>mana that slowly replenishes. They can't use it, but they can give it
away.
>>The Wizards, or some such, are the ones who can use mana, but they have to
>>be given some by the Nobility as they don't have any at first. Thus, if
you
>>want to accomplish some magical effect, you have to have one of each type
>>working in concert since a Nobleman/woman/drone (Gosh, I can see it now.
>>"I'd like to join, my name is Foo, and I'm a Nobledrone.") is only likely
>>give their mana to someone who's going to help them with it.
>>
>-You imply a level of cooperation we don't have... and this makes things
more complex than they have to be.-

I imply no such thing. What I mean is that it would be fun to take
uncooperative people and give them a situation where they have to cooperate,
against their predilections.

 -- Teucer

"Somehow jokes are funnier after 3 minutes of belaboured explanation."
 -xod