Daniel Lepage on 29 Jun 2003 02:18:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Subgame?

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 09:37  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> I've never played, but I can direct you to a sample deck:
> http://www.dvorakgame.co.uk/cardlist.cgi?timecube

I've seen that deck. It's spiffy. It's made me want to print it out and
play it as a fixed game, not even adding cards Dvorak-style.

The thing that worries me about the Dvorak rule (and in fact most other
games that have been proposed) is the turn order thing. What happens
when (not if) one of the players isn't paying attention? Does it remain
eir turn until some drastic action makes the game go on?

-We could add turn limits as a B Nomic Dvorak-specific rule. You know, if you take more than three days to take a turn, we skip you. Or someone in power draws you a card, randomly chooses one of your cards, and has you play it. That might be good incentive to not miss turns.-

I'd planned to add such a clause, but wanted to keep it as minimal as possible until the rule was established.

--
Wonko