Daniel Lepage on 13 May 2003 21:09:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Tuesday morning)

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 02:25  AM, David E. Smith wrote:

Various sundry random stuff::

If Orc rolled for the IID's effects, eir roll stands. If not, I rolled a 53, which is potentially bad -- it moves bd to Limbo, and bd's speeder to
some undefined location (the same Grid square as Barney, but Barney
doesn't come back for another nweek or so).

(Okay, that one was already determined, but this is still an ugly
undefined case that should be handled at some point in the near future.)

I think the Speeder goes into "existence space". That's the sort of nether void that engulfs everything which isn't engulfed by something else. For example, the Grid exists in the Nether Void; other objects exist within the Grid, but the Grid itself doesn't actually have a location. Likewise, Limbo and Hiding both exist in the Nether Void. And after the Bulldozer Spree a while back, the Football ended up in said Nether Void.

Think of it as a big creamy nothingness with lots of thingness suspended at random throughout. Sort of like raisins in a gooey cake.

--
Wonko