Glotmorf on 8 May 2003 00:33:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Society Creation

On 5/7/03 at 7:22 PM Daniel Lepage wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 04:51  PM, Craig wrote:
>
>> I hereby create a society known as Teucer's First Bank of Bandwidth, or
>> TFBB. Its charter is as follows:
>> {{
>> Whenever Teucer wishes, this society will give em one Bandwidth.
>> }}
>>
>> I give five Bandwidth to TFBB. So, next nweek I get five more, right?
>
>Sorry, pal, but nowhere does it permit societies to transfer Bandwidth
>to players. If it did, doing so would take said Bandwidth from the
>society in order to give it to you; but as things are, there's no
>method at all for it to give the BW back.
>
>Unfortunately, you also didn't put in any method for using said
>bandwidth through the society, nor for altering the charter so that you
>could use said bandwidth through the society, so I think you just lost
>5 BW.
>
>But that was a good attempt :)

Not so sure, guy...

R578.IV: "A Society may transfer any object it possesses to any other entity which can possess that object. Societies may possess any objects that players can legally possess."

R578.VI: "Any player may transfer a point of Bandwidth from emself to any society."

If players can transfer points of bandwidth from themselves to societies, that suggests they are able to possess the points in the first place.

If a society can transfer anything it possesses to any entity that can possess it, and a society possesses bandwidth, and players can possess bandwidth, then a society can transfer bandwidth to a player.

I'd say e can do it.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower