Craig on 8 May 2003 00:40:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Society Creation

>>> I hereby create a society known as Teucer's First Bank of Bandwidth, or
>>> TFBB. Its charter is as follows:
>>> {{
>>> Whenever Teucer wishes, this society will give em one Bandwidth.
>>> }}
>>>
>>> I give five Bandwidth to TFBB. So, next nweek I get five more, right?
>>
>>Sorry, pal, but nowhere does it permit societies to transfer Bandwidth
>>to players. If it did, doing so would take said Bandwidth from the
>>society in order to give it to you; but as things are, there's no
>>method at all for it to give the BW back.
>>
>>Unfortunately, you also didn't put in any method for using said
>>bandwidth through the society, nor for altering the charter so that you
>>could use said bandwidth through the society, so I think you just lost
>>5 BW.
>>
>>But that was a good attempt :)

>Not so sure, guy...

>R578.IV: "A Society may transfer any object it possesses to any other
entity which can possess that object. Societies may possess any
>objects that players can legally possess."

>R578.VI: "Any player may transfer a point of Bandwidth from emself to any
society."

>If players can transfer points of bandwidth from themselves to societies,
that suggests they are able to possess the points in the first
>place.

>If a society can transfer anything it possesses to any entity that can
possess it, and a society possesses bandwidth, and players can
>possess bandwidth, then a society can transfer bandwidth to a player.

>I'd say e can do it.

Then I'm really glad I screwed up and sent my departure from TFBB to the
worng list...

I hereby submit the following CFJ:
{{
Teucer's First Bank of Bandwidth can legally transfer Bandwidth to Teucer
whenever e wishes.
}}

  --  Teucer
AKA Craig Daniel