Baron von Skippy on 28 Apr 2003 03:18:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Be careful what you wish for

Just got this on the thermo list. Perhaps we should speculate less freely? The
goal isn't to subjugate other nomics. At least, not as far as I know.

-That /was/ pure speculation, whatever it may look like. I'm a cynic who believes that if you expect the worst, you'll only get pleasant surprises. So I opened the possibility of war. It has happened and will happen. I doubt it will happen between us and Thermo. We seem to like them. Granted, past allies have become future enemies, but we're not that's neither here nor there, wouldn't you all agree? Anyway, we also heavily discussed trade and alliances, did we not? The trade idea has gone through several incarnations at this point. The war idea is not in the Nomic Market proposal anywhere, funny how that works. I can't imagine how Thermo could find this to be so dangerous. We only discussed an interesting thought experiment. "How /do/ Nomics fight?" It's a damn good question, akin to "how do you make a truly immutable rule?" We discussed that, too, but no one has accused us of trying to create an "immutability gap."

What I want to know is why Thermo players trust us so little, and why, given that they do not trust us implicitly, they feel that we should trust them. This is a flegling linkage. There will be wariness until it becomes cemented. This is news?-

[[BvS]]