Baron von Skippy on 26 Apr 2003 02:33:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Nomicron status report - now in diary form!

April 25
I wish I could be as active as bd and Craig. I wish I could report that they're clamoring for trade now.

I can't. They hate it. They fear that it'll ruin their pristine ruleset. Emil said it best when e said to Oru... ora... er... the Wurm "Perhaps you would be happier in a nomic where everyone simply sat around and admired the original ruleset, occasionally selecting one rule for careful polishing. Maybe a lemony-fresh shine." They don't want anything to change. It's like the 1850s in the US. They're a quiet, slow, agrarian society where nothing changes, we're a powerhouse of industry and growth. What will spark Fort Sumter, though? Ah, I'm rambling. The point is that even those who like the idea are frightened by my request to compile the treaty prop over e-mail instead of in the Request For Comments section. This isn't going to go anywhere.

I've decided where my loyalties are, for sure. Here I have a whole lot of points. There I have 6. I can be bought...

[[BvS]]