Rob Speer on 25 Apr 2003 18:06:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Who wins?

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 04:22:45PM -0500, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
> I do not think that modifying a charter such that it becomes a rule counts
> as a Rule Change.  It is not a creation of the rule, as it already existed
> while not a rule.  It is not modification of a rule, as it is not a rule
> until the modification happens.  And nothing's being deleted.

When you create a ham sandwich, it used to be a few slices of bread, a
slab of meat, and assorted other ingredients.

When you create a rule, it used to be a bunch of text characters in a
proposal.

Except for this supposed rule, which used to be a Charter. Turning it
into a rule would be creating a rule the same way that the usual method
is creating a rule. So this rule doesn't exist, as it would have had to
be created first, which is illegal.

I agree with Orc on the rest. Therefore, nobody wins.
--
Rob Speer