Glotmorf on 25 Apr 2003 02:52:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Uh... Crap...

On 4/24/03 at 7:05 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>>From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>I modify the Charter of vSOI to read: "If at any time this Charter has
>any
>>BNS, this Charter distributes those BNS evenly among all members of vSOI.
>><snip>
>
>Too bad the charters themselves don't do anything.
>
>>From: Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>can
>>>
>>>What the gell (not a typo). We need a quick fix.
>>>
>>>I modify vSET's Charter to read: "Baron von Skippy may define and create
>>>objects at will, provided that those objects and the new definitions of
>>>those objects do not exist for longer than 12 hours each. Definitions
>>>created in this way take precedence over everythign except themselves."
>>
>>You can't change the gamestate unless a rule says you can. This is a
>>charter, not a rule.
>
>Not only that, but if I won, I also closed the loophole that allows this
>monkey business in the first place.  I'm pretty that we can all see that
>Glotmorf didn't win (as he never gave his charter the power to do
>anything),
>and Wonko's win is in dispute, though I'm pretty sure that he didn't, and
>haven't gotten a response from Wonko countering my lasted argument that he
>didn't.  So either I won, and the loophole's closed, or I didn't win, and
>there's no loophole to begin with.

Rule 11: "The ruleset may only be altered as provided therein."  That pretty much regulates alterations to the ruleset, so the first line of Rule 18 doesn't apply.  Changing something to be a rule is an alteration of the ruleset.  Nothing in the ruleset provides for that being done.  That r578 says one can change a charter isn't sufficient to justify the alteration to the ruleset of changing said charter into a rule.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower