Daniel Lepage on 24 Apr 2003 23:15:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Nomic Market will begin whenever

On Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 06:48  PM, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

Such a declaration must be made on the Nomic Market mailing list and on the list of the home Nomic; archives of both must be publicly availible. While at the Market, all players may give their in-game posessions to one another;

I would suggest that it also have "... if the rules of the giving player's home Nomic and the receiving player's home Nomic both permit that giving."

such things are destroyed in one game and created in another.

Destroyed in which game and created in which game? May I suggest, "the object that is given is destroyed in the giving player's home Nomic, and an identical object is created in the receiving player's Nomic in the possession of the receiving player."

I think there should be limits on what objects can be given... it's possible in B Nomic to possess other players' voting rights; they have the right to reclaim them at any time... I'm not sure how that would work if the rights had been destroyed in this game...

Also, with Toading, it's possible that one player could possess another. What happens if I sell you bd?

Any player who is at the Market continuously for one week without trading any goods is considered to leave the Market.

Seems a bit short to me when you consider the fact that it's the players who are at the market that get to determine the rules. Though if the modification I suggest below is put in, this won't be a > problem.

I don't know... without the modification, this could lead to some interesting Control wars... if you can outwait everyone else, and get them not to trade, you can get your 2/3 majority...